This position would be considered for a 5, 4 or 3 day contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and growing business, with the potential to quickly take on responsibility and grow within the organisation.
The role will involve working in the Finance Team, including closely with the Finance Director.
We are a high-growth dynamic business with exciting and ambitious plans ahead. This would be an ideal time to join the Finance Team as we introduce new financial systems across all sections of the business.
The successful candidate will also be part of the planned move of accounts system on to Sage 200.
In order to succeed, you will need to be comfortable in a busy fast paced environment and have previous accounts payable experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Invoice payments
- Posting purchase invoices
- Reconciliations and account queries
- Preparation of daily and weekly payment runs
- Posting and allocating bank payments and receipts
- Previous knowledge on working in an accounts payable function
- Strong IT skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages – in particular Outlook and Excel
- Strong numerical ability
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge
- Ability to plan and manage changing priorities
- Accounting experience
- SAGE experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Dedicated and enthusiastic
- Be able to adapt a flexible attitude to work
- To be pro-active in seeking methods to improve working processes
- Private medical scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Attractive holiday package dependent on contracted hours
- Bonus scheme
Port of Blyth
Port of Blyth is the port operating division of Blyth Harbour Commission, an independent statutory trust established in 1882. It is one of the largest Trust Port’s in the UK handling cargo across four terminals based around the River Blyth.
Together with major logistics and training divisions, the Port group has a growing turnover exceeding £25 million, driven by growth across a variety of sectors but particularly offshore energy, with the Port is now recognised as a major strategic east coast base supporting the sector. Other trade handled includes containers, dry bulks (coal, aggregates, cement etc) and marine fuels.
As a Trust Port, all profits are re-invested back into the Port to improve facilities and to provide benefits for its wider stakeholders.