Transped, a subsidiary of the Port of Blyth, is looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to support growth of the short sea container service, which operates between the ports of Blyth (UK) and Moerdijk (Netherlands).
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying leads and converting opportunities into B2B sales for Transped’s door-to-door services from Europe to the UK or vice versa.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the future growth of Transped.
- Drive profitable growth for Transped, with a specific focus on European container trades.
- Play a key role in helping to further develop the shortsea container service.
- Support the development of accurate, relevant and profitable tenders and quotations.
- Expand the customer base across a variety of sectors, including paper, tissue and packaging goods, which currently forms a sizeable proportion of trade.
- End to End commercial involvement including working with the container line operator and hauliers.
- Solution focus to understand customer requirements and provide relevant, commercially viable solutions.
- Focus on expanding services offered to existing customers based on the Port, offering a 1 stop shop for container, freight forwarding and packing services.
- Customer focus to retain and grow existing customer accounts, whilst also seeking new business
Main requirements for the role:
- Relevant logistics sector experience is essential, allowing the candidate to hit the ground running. Ideal candidates would come with short sea experience from a freight forwarder, unitised container or 3pl company.
- Must have previous sales experience in a solution, fast-paced environment and a track record of commercial success. Strong new business development skills, with a good ability to manage accounts to develop strategic relationships with key customers.
- Be organised and have the ability and drive to spot new opportunities, consistently following up on leads to take them forward and planning ahead, while recording progress on a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Confident to report into the Board, presenting opportunities for growth and development of Transped services.
- Excellent communication skills, consistently working to deliver excellent customer experience.
- Ability to be self-driven and plan their own time to deliver successful target-based results.
- Inquisitive and technically aware with strong commercial acumen – attention to detail around quotations, able to get into the detail and ask customer the right questions to ensure service can be delivered at a price that maintains margin.
- Must be hands on and understand the service orientated, value added culture and mindset of Transped and the Port. Thinking as one team, getting involved in operational and commercial issues and being a real team player.
- Need to be able to travel around the Northeast and wider UK, with occasional travel to Europe (especially The Netherlands).
Established in 1997, Transped is a leading worldwide logistics provider offering a one-stop shop service to organisations wishing to move goods between Europe and the UK, with the company running a twice-weekly container line between the UK and the Netherlands alongside complementary warehousing and distribution services. Key operations from Blyth include the handling of warehoused goods and the daily distribution of cargo to all destinations with a focus on Scotland and the North of England as well as specialist services related to customs and excise procedures. As a subsidiary of the Port of Blyth, the core business is centred on containerised transport.