Blyth Harbour Commission is a modern statutory Trust Port, providing a first-class port handling service with particular expertise in the energy, project cargo, container, dry bulk and break bulk sectors. Heavy lift experience and a range of added value services compliment a collection of high-quality warehousing and engineering workshops.
Regular liner connections exist to a variety of ports and our logistics subsidiary, Transped, provide a comprehensive worldwide door to door service. Our award winning training arm Port Training Services provides standard and bespoke solutions for industrial and port related training on site and throughout the UK. A number of significant development sites are also available around the estuary for large scale port related development, including the £32m Energy Central scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and growing business, with the potential to quickly take on responsibility and grow within the organisation.
The role will involve working in the Finance team, including closely with the Finance Director, with full training and career development provided for an enthusiastic individual looking to develop their career and complete their professional exams.
We are a high-growth dynamic business with exciting and ambitious plans ahead. This would be an ideal time to join the Finance team to gain experience and skills in a wide range of Finance areas as well as to contribute to the organisation’s continued success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monthly management accounts preparation – balance sheet management, fixed assets register maintenance & reconciliation, depreciation, prepayments,
accruals and any other nominal procedures
- Monthly bank reconciliations, VAT Returns, Governmental submissions and other accounting duties such as purchase invoices, purchase payments, payroll
- Other activities within the Finance team – you will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and experienced team and role flexibility will be essential
- High levels of enthusiasm
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – good team player
- Strong IT/Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to challenge
- Ability to plan and manage changing priorities
- Able to work to deadlines – both internally and externally
Desirable (but not Essential):
- Accounting, Finance, Business degree qualified
- SAGE experience
- Fully funded financial & study time support for professional training towards becoming a qualified CIMA / ACCA accountant
- Competitive salary for 37.5 hours per week (satisfactory progression during your professional qualification related increase)
- Private medical scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory days)
- Bonus scheme