The Port of Blyth is a leading UK offshore energy support base that continues to be at the forefront of the offshore wind and renewable energy sector.
As a modern Trust Port, we provide first-class port handling services with particular expertise in the energy, project cargo, container, dry bulk and break bulk sectors. The Port is a customer focused business that combines its wealth experience and can-do innovative approach to deliver a range of value-added services that compliment a collection of high-quality warehouses and engineering workshops.
Regular liner connections exist to a variety of ports and our logistics subsidiary, Transped, provide a comprehensive worldwide door to door service. Our award-winning Port Training Services provide standard and bespoke solutions for industrial and port related training on site and throughout the UK.
A number of significant development sites are also available around the estuary for large scale port related development, including the Bates Clean Energy Terminal.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to join a fast moving and growing business, with the potential to quickly take on responsibility and grow within the organisation.
The role will involve working in the Commercial team, with full training and career development provided for an enthusiastic individual looking to develop their career.
We are a high-growth dynamic business with exciting and ambitious plans ahead. This would be an ideal time to join the team to gain experience and skills in a wide range of commercial and business development areas as well as to contribute to the organisation’s continued success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Obtain a thorough working knowledge of the company, its offering and marketplace
- Strategically generate new leads – scheduling new appointments with clients to discuss new business needs (no cold calling)
- Utilise your customer service and relationship building skills over the phone, via email and by video call
- Liaise with the Marketing team and assist with commercial events
- Marketing and competitor research
- Meet customers and participate at exhibitions both in the UK and occasionally abroad
- Educated to degree level within the last 3 years
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – good team player
- Strong IT / Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and Word)
- Sound commercial acumen
- Ability to plan and manage changing priorities
- Able to work to deadlines – both internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
- Degree in Business Management, Business Studies or Marketing would be an advantage
- Fully funded professional training and development (Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers Diploma)
- Starting salary £18,000-£21,000 per annum for 37.5 hours per week (satisfactory progression during your professional qualification related increase), with scope for career progression at the Port
- Private medical scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory days)
- Bonus scheme