The Port of Blyth is one of the UK’s largest statutory Trust Ports, with a group turnover of around £25 million and recognised as an important part of the NE regional economy. With particular expertise in the offshore energy sector, the port also handles a wide variety of other commodities including, containers, breakbulk cargo, project lifts, dry and liquid bulks across four main busy terminals.
Other group activities include Transped (global forwarding activities) and PTS (national provider of port and industrial related training).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to take overall responsibility for safety across the group, ensuring compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
The successful candidate will have attained an industry recognised qualification such as NEBOSH Certificate or above and will be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge and practical application of Health & Safety regulations and standards.
They will also have a proactive, safety first approach to health and safety management, ideally operating in an industrial or logistics environment.
- Act as main contract for all Health & Safety matters including liaison with national safety, regulatory and enforcement bodies
- Conduct audits, inspections, risk assessments and accident investigations including production of appropriate action plans
- Drive continual improvement in safety procedures with a focus on proactive actions
- Play a leading role in ensuring the Port retains its ISO 45001 accreditation, demonstrate best practice and oversee continual improvement
- Play an active role in developing and maintaining other ISO standards as part of an integrated management system
- Competitive salary
- Private medical scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory days)
- Bonus scheme