Due to expanding activities Port Training Services (PTS) is looking for a new Lead Instructor to join the team. PTS, the award winning training division of the Port of Blyth, is a specialist training provider delivering fully accredited, industry recognised qualifications for companies and individuals serving the Port & Marine, Warehousing & Logistics, Heavy Industry, Subsea and Offshore Energy sectors.
With experience in lifting and crane operations essential for the role, the successful applicant will not only develop, deliver and ensure the quality of our existing portfolio of training courses, but will help the business develop courses for the offshore energy sector. Experience in developing and delivering OPITO and GWO training courses would be desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and growing business, with the potential to quickly take on responsibility and grow within the organisation.
The successful candidate will lead on the development and delivery of the current PTS plant and H&S training courses, as well as lead on the development, introduction of new products to the PTS portfolio to cover all PTS target markets (Ports, Logistics, Warehousing and Offshore Renewables and Subsea).
The role is based from the Port Training Centre at the Port of Blyth, however there is potential to work at client sites across the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the PTS instructor pool for plant and H&S courses including internal (Port of Blyth, PTS) and external (contractors)
- Actively deliver high quality training courses onsite and offsite
- Ensure the correct equipment, personnel and facilities are available for each course, and are maintained to the highest standard at all times
- Assist in managing relationships with external accrediting bodies
- Ensure H&S is maintained to the highest level at all times
- Work to continuously improve the services of PTS
- Work closely with the business development team to introduce and develop new products
- Assist in maintaining and achieving industry accreditations
- Provide a high-quality service to all customers
- Able to manage and maintain relationships with external/internal customers and suppliers
- Work effectively with the PTS administration team to ensure all training administration is managed effectively and efficiently
- Work effectively with the Port of Blyth operations team for plant and training area access
- Obtain a thorough working knowledge of the company, its offering and growth goals
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work situations
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for own workload
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- NPORS – Instructor or equivalent
- Lifting and crane operation experience
- Proven track record of designing and deliver of relevant training courses.
- Relevant instructor qualifications (e.g., D32, D33, A1, TAQA, Level 3, 4, or 5 in Education & Training)
- Full driving licence
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience of developing and delivering OPITO and GWO training courses
- Friendly and welcoming to all customers and staff
- Excellent team player
- Dedicated and enthusiastic
- Pro-active in seeking methods to improve working processes
- Starting salary £30,000 – £40,000 per annum for 37.5 hours per week (Satisfactory progression during your professional qualification related increase), with scope for career progression
- Private medical scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory days)
- Bonus scheme