Port Training Services are looking for X2 apprentices to assist with the administration of the departments operational function and achieve the level three business administration standard.
RESPONSIBLE TO: PTS Business Manager
STARTING SALARY: £4.81/hour (37.5 hours per week)
START DATE: September 2022
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create files for new NVQ learners and keep them up to date and organised
- Ensure all of the NVQ trackers are up to date
- Type up observation records when required
- Ensure facilities are available for Port of Blyth use as well as external customers
- Maintain the room booking system, follow the administrative procedures regarding bookings, ensure rooms are set up and prepared for guests
- Liaise with catering companies and book suitable catering if required
- Replenish refreshments throughout the day as required, clear the room afterwards and set up for the next day
- Deal with customer and visitor queries including general reception duties
- Assist with setting up and participating in STEM events when required
- General administration tasks such as photocopying, printing, laminating, post, filing etc.
- Book training for both external customers and Port of Blyth staff
- Liaise with external customers and instructors to set dates for training, ensure the equipment and staff are available
- Complete all administrative tasks relevant to the process of training, from booking to completion, involving the use of the NPORS booking system
- Produce certification relevant to courses
- Ensure NPORS are notified of any necessary amendments to courses through their notification system
- Ensure customers receive their cards and certificates promptly
- Produce and send out invoices for the training
- Take payment using the SAGE pay system for training courses over the phone and in person
- Complete any other administrative tasks required
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good GCSE grades
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management skills.
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work situations.
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for own workload.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be accurate
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A clear understanding of NVQ documentation
- Good understanding of NVQ administration
Essential Personal Characteristics:
- Friendly and welcoming to all customers and staff.
- Excellent team player.
- Dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Be able to adapt a flexible attitude to work.
- To be pro-active in seeking methods to improve working processes.
Desirable Personal Characteristics:
- Creative thinker.
Delivered by Newcastle College. The qualification will be a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration. Attendance in college will be Mondays – 9am – 5pm in the Room 503A Trevelyan Building, Rye Hill Campus. First date of attendance 26/09/22. You will be assigned a Workplace Skills Trainer. Practical period will be 15 months + 3 months for EPA.
To confirm the End Point Assessment is as follows:
- Online Multi-Choice Test completed in 60 mins
- Portfolio of evidence/portfolio interview to assess competence lasting 30-45 mins
- Presentation lasting 10-15 mins + 10-15 mins for Q&A from the Assessor.
Port Training Services (PTS) is an award winning, specialist training provider delivering fully accredited, industry recognised qualifications for companies and individuals serving the port & marine, warehousing & logistics, heavy industry, subsea and offshore energy sectors.
As the training division of the Port of Blyth, a leading UK offshore energy support base, PTS operates from a purpose built, state-of-the-art facility in the north east of England.