Transped Limited is a subsidiary company of the Port of Blyth and is a well-established worldwide logistics provider with a comprehensive range of services on offer including shipping and delivery collection, customs documentation warehousing and packing.
Based at the Port of Blyth, Transped has a vast experience of unitised and project work in particular with dedicated agents worldwide and a multi-lingual staff to ensure the highest level of service delivery. Due to business development, we are looking to appoint a Logistics Co-ordinator / Freight Forwarder.
The role will involve process and management of a range of both European and UK road and sea freight shipments All from start to finish, using acquired skills to place bookings, accurately raise shipping documentation and manage customer issues as well as negotiate commercial pricing. The role is key to the business and therefore the ideal candidate is expected to be fully experienced and able to hit the ground running.
- Manage road freight / sea freight booking process with customers and suppliers
- Operate internal operations system, on-line booking and sales platforms, customs documentation
- Manage charges and cost reconciliation on a shipment-by-shipment basis
- Raise accurate operational documentation relating to Customs procedures
- Direct customer conversations where required with specific objectives and results to achieve, such as queries on invoices, increased charges
- Obtain and process pricing enquiries, when required for all forms of transport
To apply for the role, you must have:
- Experience of processing road freight, sea freight and airfreight shipments, ideally in a freight forwarding company or similar
- Excellent relationship building skills with both internal and external customers to maximise all opportunities
- The ability to prioritise, organise & manage time efficiently is essential within our busy operations team
- Attention to detail for the production of shipping documents
- Numeric skills to enable accurate completion and changes to transport and storage related costs
- A clean current driving licence
An attractive remuneration package (salary, pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual leave) is offered together with good career prospects.