The Port of Blyth is a major statutory UK Trust Port, expanding rapidly and having recently announced record Group turnover of over £25.5 million. Much of this growth is driven by its position as a leading UK offshore energy support base that continues to be at the forefront of offshore wind and renewable energy development.
The Port has a reputation for its customer focused and innovative can-do approach to handling services, covering a number of sectors including offshore energy, project cargo, containers, dry bulks and break-bulks.
Its major subsidiary, Transped, provides a comprehensive worldwide door to door forwarding and logistics service, whilst Port Training Services offers award winning industrial and port related training across the UK.
As a Trust Port, there is also a major focus on providing benefits to a wide range of stakeholders including the local community, wider region, national government and a host of other interest groups.
The PR & Communications Manager will play an important role in providing proactive coordination of internal and external communications across the Port and its subsidiaries. Reporting to the Chief Executive, core duties will include:
- Planning and implementing effective strategies for communications, marketing and PR across the group
- Ownership of group brand and design across digital and print mediums
- Hands on management of all channels – media releases, website, social media and internal communications.
- Supporting Directors/senior management with commercial opportunities (pitches, presentations, materials etc)
- Event/exhibition planning and delivery
- Leading on the Port’s stakeholder engagement programme, including media relations, and public sector and community audiences
- Leading on all communications/reputation management issues
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Active experience within a PR & Communications environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills especially relating to website management and social media
- A pro-active, enthusiastic and professional approach
- Prior experience of communications within the port, marine or offshore energy/renewables sectors (desirable)
In return, we are offering:
- £35k to £40k per year (depending on experience) for 37.5 hours per week
- Private medical scheme
- Generous pension
- 25 days holiday + statutory days
- Attractive annual bonus scheme