This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and growing business, with the potential to quickly take on responsibility and grow within the organisation.
The role will involve working in the Finance team, including closely with the Finance Director, with full training and career development provided for an enthusiastic individual looking to develop their career and complete their professional exams.
We are a high-growth dynamic business with exciting and ambitious plans ahead. This would be an ideal time to join the Finance team to gain experience and skills in a wide range of Finance areas as well as to contribute to the organisation’s continued success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Cashbook processing, posting, reconciliation and analysis
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Petty cash and credit card management
- Analysis and investigation of P&L and income expenditure
- Assisting in aspects of management accounts preparation, including journal posting and account reconciliation
- Supporting the sales invoicing function as well as credit control
- Supporting purchase ledger including invoice processing and payment
- Fixed assets register maintenance
- Governmental submissions
- Other activities within the Finance team – you will become part of an experienced team and therefore role flexibility will be essential
- Finance & Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent degree qualified
- High levels of enthusiasm
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as an individual as well as a good team player
- Strong IT / Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to challenge
- Ability to plan and manage changing priorities
- Able to work to deadlines – both internally and externally
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Preferred (but not Essential):
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a finance role
- Sage Accounts software
- System implementation
- Fully funded financial & study time support for professional training towards becoming a qualified CIMA / ACCA accountant
- £21k to £25k per annum depending on experience (KPI related increase) for 37.5 hours per week
- Private medical scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory days)
- Bonus scheme
The Port of Blyth is a major statutory UK Trust Port, expanding rapidly and having recently announced record Group turnover of over £30 million. Much of this growth is driven by its position as a leading UK offshore energy support base that continues to be at the forefront of offshore wind and renewable energy development.
The Port has a reputation for its customer focused and innovative can-do approach to handling services, covering a number of sectors including offshore energy, project cargo, containers, dry bulks and break-bulks.
Its major subsidiary, Transped, provides a comprehensive worldwide door to door forwarding and logistics service, whilst Port Training Services offers award winning industrial and port related training across the UK.