The Port of Blyth is looking for a Warehouse Apprentice to train in warehouse and logistic duties. The ideal candidate must be:
- Willing and able to work flexible shift patterns (during busy periods)
- Able to conduct yourself professionally and keep confidential information
- Numerate and literate
Key Skills & Duties in which you will be trained
- Pick Stock accurately
- Record dispatch notes, receipts and or stock information
- Report stock damages and discrepancies appropriately
- Check stock orders
- Work as part of a team
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- Unload and load vehicles / containers
- Transfer goods into the warehouse
- Palletise / wrap goods for despatch
- Licence to drive Forklift Trucks & port vehicles
In order to fulfil your duties, you may be asked to complete other activities by your Line Manager.
Remuneration – National Minimum Wage for an apprentice, 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
Port of Blyth is the port operating division of Blyth Harbour Commission, an independent statutory trust established in 1882. It is one of the largest Trust Port’s in the UK handling cargo across four terminals based around the River Blyth.
Together with major logistics and training divisions, the Port group has a growing turnover exceeding £25 million, driven by growth across a variety of sectors but particularly offshore energy, with the Port is now recognised as a major strategic east coast base supporting the sector. Other trade handled includes containers, dry bulks (coal, aggregates, cement etc) and marine fuels.
As a Trust Port, all profits are re-invested back into the Port to improve facilities and to provide benefits for its wider stakeholders.