The Port of Blyth is the port operating division of Blyth Harbour Commission, an independent statutory trust established in 1882.
Operated for the benefit of stakeholders including all port users, employees, the local community and wider sub-region, the Commission is overseen by a Board of Commissioners who are supported an experienced senior management team.
All surpluses are re-invested into improving the facilities and services offered by the Port, while relations with all stakeholder groups are maintained through regular liaison meetings with staff representatives, port users and local residents.
The Port’s operational and financial performance is summarised in an Annual Review document that is made available to all stakeholders following an Annual Public Meeting held at the end of the financial year.
Located on the East Coast of the UK, the Port is seen as a leading offshore energy support base, an important hub for the movement of a range of project, containerised, dry bulk and break bulk cargoes as well as a key location for offshore decommissioning.
A single day’s drive from all mainland destinations, the Port is used as a strategic hub by many shippers looking to serve northern England and Scotland.