New arrangements for visitors to the Port of Blyth’s main office located at its South Harbour terminal are as follows:
- To enhance safety at the terminal, from Monday 8th July visitors to the office, including those visiting Transped, will no longer gain access via the main terminal entrance.
- Instead, a new ‘office only’ entrance will be in use via the Ridley Park Car Park on Wensleydale Terrace.
- New port signage and municipal road signs will direct office visitors to this location and security staff at the main terminal entrance will redirect any visitors to the correct entrance.
- The new entrance will be open to visitors between 8am and 5pm with a barrier and intercom system linked to reception.
- For security reasons, visitors using the new entrance will NOT be permitted to enter the terminal via a gate located in the office’s new car park.
- Any visitors to tenant businesses located in South Harbour should continue to use the terminal main entrance.
- A number of short stay parking spaces have been created adjacent to the offices on the terminal side for those wanting to visit the office from within the terminal.
As part of the new arrangements, the offices have been given a new name, Commissioners House, to reflect the heritage of Port of Blyth as a trust port governed throughout its history by a board of commissioners.
Download new directions to South Harbour and Commissioners House here. Further information on our locations can be viewed here.